April – Breakdown
In April, I learnt that I was not superman. Anyone could have told me this but I had to go through a crushing experience before I realised this. During April, I committed myself to:
- Teaching English - part of my job description. About 25 hours a week.
- Mandarin lessons - 4 + 4 + 4 hours of lessons, travelling and homework.
- Coffee house - planning and rehearsals.
- Gym - some hours in a sweaty dark gym. The gym I go to in London is bright, well ventilated and has a rowing machine. I still prefer the Tianjin gym
- Mock interview practice - I scared the living daylights out of her. Oxbridge interviews were easier. She passed the real thing in the end.
- Website - Creating the school's new website was in full swing. Even though the technical aspects of the website design were outsourced, management still took a lot of time.