In Defence of Chilli Chilli
I've been spending a hard earned week's holiday back in Liverpool. I've rediscovered the art of being bored out of my brain, over-sleeping and late-night Rocky movies. Bliss. I was shocked to discover that there had been a Chinese Triad knife fight at one of my favourite Chinese retaurants - Chilli Chilli.It's made national and international news. Some links:
- The Sun
- The Daily Star
- Liverpool Echo - The original article in the Saturday Echo included an (impressive) misspelling of the proprietor's name.
- Liverpool Daily Post
- Liverpool Click
- Statistically speaking, the triads aren't likely to do the same thing twice. The restaurant is now safer than ever.
- A bouncer has been hired.
- The restaurant still offers the most authentic SiChuan food in the North-West.
- I'll continue to go there and continue to invite my friends. I think I might be eating by myself.